Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I did promise that I 'll write more frequently. But somehow this gets pushed on the 'back burner' frequently. Too many things need my attention- the yard, various programs of grandchildren, the tiredness that I am still fighting etc. etc. etc. By the way, I am feeling better in general than what I was going through a couple of months ago. Now, if only my hair grew a little faster, if I could stay away from all 'fatty' foods, if my knees felt a lot better so that I could walk.......................



Some of you have been asking me to write some of my recipes in here. So here is the first one.



Mint is growing in many yards at present. It may be a good idea to make some mint chutney with some of that. This is an versatile easy recipe. Feel free to change it around to suit your taste.


Ingredients:

Approximately 5 cups of mint leaves, washed

Juice of 1 lemon or lime

1/2 teaspoon of salt

2 tablespoon sugar-brown or granulated white

1 cayenne pepper, deseeded and chopped(optional)

1/2 teaspoon grated ginger

1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin

Water- as needed- to make a paste



Put all of the above in a blender except the water. Add water water gradually stirring frequently to make a smooth paste. Add more water if you want the chutney to be more 'liquidy.'

This can be used as a dip for chips, vegetables, or fritters.

It will stay in the refrigerator for a month.



Let me know what you think of it.



More later.

1 comment:

yogesa said...

Thanks for visiting my Blog, and for your encouraging comments !! Thanks Again !